Building Efficiency Solutions is a one-stop shop for energy efficiency for owners and managers of multifamily properties. Building Efficiency Solutions will help you simplify the process of making your buildings more energy and water efficient. The program provides free benchmarking and assessments, and experts to assist you with financing, rebates, construction management and monitoring of your property.
Affordable multifamily buildings with 5 or more units in Kansas City, Missouri are eligible to receive services at no cost. Affordability is defined as:
- Receives federal and/or state housing subsidies (including HUD vouchers, LIHTC, etc.)
- Rent is affordable to families at or below 80% of Area Median Income, or less than $1,025 per month
Building Efficiency Solutions offers a practical and affordable efficiency solution that reduces utility and maintenance costs. The Building Efficiency Solutions team can help you:
- Save 20-30% on utility and maintenance costs
- Work with trusted, carefully vetted, local contractors
- Improve the comfort, health and safety of your buildings
- Receive expert guidance from community based, mission driven organizations dedicated to helping you improve your investments
Building Efficiency Solutions has a team of professionals that minimize your time commitment and eliminates the confusion of efficiency retrofit process. We are your representative through the entire process, from the first analysis through the construction phase to ongoing savings verification.
In partnership with the Kansas City Mayor’s Energy Challenge, Building Efficiency Solutions is encouraging affordable multifamily buildings to voluntarily benchmarking their buildings. Benchmarking is the first step in the one-stop shop energy upgrade process, but also a valuable tool for buildings of all ages and levels of efficiency. Through the Challenge, we are providing technical assistance with multiple benchmark tools, free WegoWise subscriptions (limited enrollments available), interpretation support, and public recognition opportunities.
More Information or Apply Now
5008 Prospect Avenue
Kansas City, MO 64130
Are you a contractor qualified to install energy measures in multifamily buildings, or to do multifamily energy audits? For more information on how to participate in the program, please contact Jill Lawlor.