JOIN OUR INCUBATOR COMMUNITY
On behalf of Blue Hills Community Services, thank you for your interest in the Blue Hills Contractor Incubator. The purpose of the Blue Hills Contractor Incubator is to serve as a trusted source for guidance and resources for small and medium contracting firms in the Kansas City region by providing office space, training opportunities, and relationships that assist in developing and executing sustainable business practices that lead to overall community economic development.
The Contractor Incubator application and admission process will, through a series of questions about you and your business, help us learn whether or not your business will benefit from participating in our Contractor Incubator community.
Applicants are more likely to progress in the screening process when they:
- Are full time businesses
- Have a management team that is not solely interested in physical space and is willing to accept the incubator’s assistance through training, coaching, and other services
- Will contribute to the community’s economic development outcomes in the form of job creation, salaries paid, revenues earned and other economic gains
- Can pay rents and fees while developing positive cash flow
- Are likely to meet benchmarks for graduation
- Are willing to share company data and information on an ongoing basis
Before completing the application process, please contact us to confirm space availability. Facility tours are by appointment only.
- Completed contractor incubator application
- Certificate of Good Standing with the State of Missouri
- Kansas City Missouri Business License
- Lead Renovation, Repair, and Painting License (if within scope of business)
- ACCORD Certificate of Insurance
- Business Tax Returns for three (3) most recent years
- Jackson County Business Personal Property account (if currently located in Jackson County)
*Please submit all attachments applicable to your business. Not all attachments are required for approval.
If applicable, please submit the following attachments: MBE/WBE Certification, HUD Section 3 Certification, Trade Certifications, other licenses
Applications with all mandatory requirements completed or in progress will be reviewed by the Incubator Staff and will be notified of selection and interview scheduling process or placed on a waiting list. Businesses selected for an interview will interview with the Incubator Staff and members of the Advisory Committee. Blue Hills Community Services reserves the right to accept or reject client applications or have secondary rounds of applications at our discretion. In addition, selected applicants may be asked to authorize a background and credit check and will be responsible for any associated fees.
Businesses selected for Incubator participation must execute a Service Agreement within 30 days of acceptance. Failure to do so may result in withdrawal of the applicant’s acceptance into the incubator.
Clients must sign a release form granting permission to Blue Hills Community Services and Contractor Incubator to copy, use, alter, distribute, publish and exhibit photographs of his/her likeness, company name and company logo in any and all media or form in any and all publications, for any purpose, including, without limitation, announcements, promotions, advertising, news and/or websites without payment or other compensation.